In order to raise awareness and stop the stigmas attached to Mental Health join me and…
- Take the pledge by copying and pasting the following into a post featuring “Blog for Mental Health 2013″.
I pledge my commitment to the Blog For Mental Health 2013 Project. I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.
2. Link back to the person who pledged you.
A Canvas Of The Minds – a great blog so please check it out
3. Write a short biography of your mental health, and what this means to you.
I battled with depression, brought on by stress, for 10 years. During that time, I made many mistakes, due in no small part to the fact that I perceived my illness as a failing on my part. It took me a long time, coupled with hindsight, to realise that I hadn’t failed in my life, but rather that the circumstance of my life had failed me. I started my blog to bring hope to those currently suffering from the debilitating effects of depression that there is light at the end of what may seem like an unending tunnel. It has been quite a ride, which has brought me here today!
4. Pledge five others, and be sure to let them know!
5. Leave a comment on “A Canvas Of The Minds” Blog For Mental Health 2013 post and be added to their official blogroll
… And remember, ‘Sanity is only Insanity put to good use!’